SMO (i.e.Social Media optimization) refers to the online promotion of your website through Social Media. It is a great way to develop your business in online communities. It plays a vital role in endorsing the reputation of your website (i.e. business as well). SMO encourages publicity to increase awareness of a product, band, event. It is a vast concept of social media to go through. As similar to SEO (i.e. search engine optimization), SMO is also an effective way of generating web traffic. Mainly, the goal of SMO is to use the social media platform to create an online brand and increase awareness by sharing, vlogging, etc.
Social Media Optimization Includes the following :
- Social Bookmarking: Social bookmarking is an online service that allows us to add, annotate, edit & share bookmarks of the web documents. It includes those websites where people share their articles, videos, blogs.
2. Online reputation management (i.e. ORM): It is a technique or strategy to make sure that people will get the right materials about what he searches for. The main purpose of online reputation management is to create balance, counteract misleading activities.
3. RSS feeds: It is a way of providing content to the user’s desktop or window. Any new updates to your websites will notify them in an effective and quick way
4. Social media sites, such as (Facebook, twitters, etc): When it comes to awareness there is a no better option than social media to get more reaches or getting your content viral.
5. SME ( Social media engagements ): It is a way of getting engagements from audiences in the form of likes, comments, sharing, etc. It builds up trust and increases publicity as well.
GOAL OF SOCIAL MEDIA OPTIMIZATION
The Goal of SMO is strategically creating online interesting content, an eye-catchy picture gallery that can capture audience heart. A well – written content that can engage viewers to stay on the same content or website for more time (i.e. helps in reducing bounce rate).SMO ensures social media engagements.
- Some of the common examples of Social media engagements include liking, commenting, sharing the posts through social media links to their friends, family, etc.
- Sharing could be a plus point for your website as it will reach more audiences and hence engage with more audiences across the world. SMO has to do with social networks and their growing importance to the business.
- The purpose of SMO is to deal with enhancing your company’s online reputation and its online presence to engage and connect with more people.
- Know how to target Audience
- Present unique content
- Increase your linkability
- Make an SMO strategy
- Make an SEO strategy
- Be real, honest, humble
- Robust your roots, keep calm
- Reward helpful and valuable viewers
- Never use copied content
- Black hat SEO is not permissible by google
- Don’t be fake
- Keyword spamming
- Keyword stemming
- Unusual contents posting
We hope, you all guys go through the blog and hence got all the necessary information regarding explanation. Besides this, you will know about do’s & don’t of SMO. We would like to hear it from you. Mention your valuable comments below, So that we could elaborate ourselves more and rectify errors.